State Legislatures Tackle Public Health: Recommended Reading
State legislatures recently got underway across the country and many will be considering some critical public health law measures, according to a recent blog post from the Network for Public Health Law.
Critical issues include:
- A smoking ban in Kentucky which could stall in committee
- A bill in Kentucky which could restrict the work of local boards of health.
- A law in Ohio that would require health departments to enter into agreements for shared services and to become accredited.
- Read the Network blog post.
- Use the state legislative tracking page from the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials to follow state public health agendas for 2013.