Transforming Public Health: Join the Conversation
The Transforming Public Health project supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and convened by RESOLVE brought together a group of local, state and national public health leaders to develop guidance for public health officials and policymakers in prioritizing critical public health functions in a changing political and funding landscape.
Recently, the Foundation hosted a webinar to discuss the Transforming Public Health project. Speakers included:
- Terry Cline, Oklahoma State Health Department
- David Fleming, Seattle-King County Health Department
- Abby Dilley, RESOLVE
- Abbey Cofsky, RWJF program officer
- Paul Kuehnert, senior program officer and director of the RWJF Public Health team
>>Read our recap of the discussion from the webinar.
But the conversation shouldn't stop there. We want to hear your thoughts on the future of public health. Below are some questions to get you started. Feel free to add your thoughts in the comments below, and help us chart the course for a new public health.
- How is your public health department adapting in the current changing landscape?
- How is your community prioritizing programs and services to take on new challenges in a time of declining resources?
- How have you engaged policy-makers and diverse partners in your community on issues critical to public health?
>>Read more: Check out these resources to get ready for the webinar and inform the discussion: