Mother's Day: Keeping Mom Healthy
Heading into a very special Mother's Day weekend, NewPublicHealth pulled together some links and resources that celebrate Moms for everything they do to keep us healthy, wealthy and wise.
- National Women’s Health Week kicks off on Mother’s Day. The site offers save the date e-cards; free events throughout the country, including free gym passes; a resource list on health issues that most concern women; and a printable chart (PDF) with concise information on how frequently women need specific screening tests and vaccinations.
- Send free Mother’s Day e-cards from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that offer healthy behavior reminders.
- Check out these safe teen driving kits including a video and a pledge that teens can share with moms—and dads.
- Send mom this link to http://www.healthfinder.gov. The site, hosted by the Department of Health and Human Services, includes a podcast series on managing work and home life; online checkups; fitness logs and planners; and cool health widgets.
- Health-based phone apps makes great gifts.