RWJF_HumanCap Reaches 50,000 Twitter Followers!
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Human Capital portfolio's Twitter feed (@RWJF_HumanCap) reached a milestone earlier this month, when our 50,000th follower came on board. We launched the feed about two-and-a-half years ago, and have watched the feed grow to the point that we now have enough followers to fill a Major League Baseball stadium!
Every weekday we send our followers 140-character tweets covering the range of RWJF Human Capital issues, including the broadly varied work of the Scholars, Fellows and Alumni of the portfolio's many programs. On a typical day, a follower might receive 10 or more tweets, letting them know about any significant news developments related to our work, what's on our blog, what's new on the website, which Human Capital programs are calling for applications, what the other portfolios of the Foundation are up to, and more.
It's easy, free, and, we hope, informative. And about 50,000 folks out there in the Twitterverse seem to agree.
So, if you’re already on Twitter, but don't follow us yet, please consider it. (Again, we're @RWJF_HumanCap.) If you're not on Twitter, maybe now's a good time to sign up. Just go to http://twitter.com, and click on "Sign Up."
In the meantime, here’s a sampling of some recent tweets we've sent, just to give you a flavor!
· RWJF_HumanCap: What's behind the 60% decline in #heartdisease mortality since the '60s? Prevention, treatment or both? http://ow.ly/eUuEQ
· RWJF_HumanCap: #RWJF Scholar @LennyLesser #APHA12: Marketing aside, adolescents buying meal at Subway buy as many calories as at McDs, http://ow.ly/eUrUc
· RWJF_HumanCap: New book asks: Will reform hurt or harm the #hcsafety net? With contributions from several #RWJF scholars, http://ow.ly/eLUZN
· RWJF_HumanCap: RWJF Force Multipliers: Clinical Scholars program, RWJF's first grant prgrm: Clinicians, researchers, change agents, http://ow.ly/eL9IY
· RWJF_HumanCap: IOM's landmark Future of #Nursing report marks 2nd anniv. Read about #RWJF's work to implement its recs, http://ow.ly/eFO6P #FutureRN
For more recent tweets, visit our Twitter home page, at http://twitter.com/rwjf_humancap.