Experts now widely accept patient-centeredness as a core component of health care quality. Using surveys that ask patients about their encounters in various health care settings can lead to significant improvements in the quality of care provided. Efforts are underway at hospitals and doctors’ offices nationwide to explain how patients’ experience of care can be consistently measured to benefit providers and patients.
A suite of resources discusses the growing importance of measuring patient experience and provides information and tools to help stakeholders get up to speed. The resources include:
- Primer: Measuring Patient Experience
- The Benefits of CAHPS®: Survey Instruments for Collecting Patient Experience Data
- Forces Driving Implementation of the CAHPS® Clinician & Group Survey
- Patient Experience of Care Glossary
- Messaging for Providers
- Messaging for Health Plans