NACCHO Annual 2012: Get Ready for L.A.!
NewPublicHealth will be once again be covering the upcoming NACCHO Annual 2012 conference, providing the latest conference news and in-depth interviews with conference speakers, including Jonathan Fielding, MD, MPH, MA, MBA, director of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, as well as other key leaders and decision makers, as well as profiles of on-the-ground success stories. The conference will take place July 11 through 13, and this year is headed to Los Angeles, Calif.
We will also be collecting stories on how local health departments are forging innovative new partnerships across sectors and across communities to meet shared goals and leverage resources. One area we’ll be exploring – in connection with a screening of The Interrupters taking place at the meeting, on July 11 at 7 p.m. – is the issue of violence prevention and what public health departments are doing to reduce violence in communities. Also new this year – we'll be on the lookout for opportunities to showcase innovative public health efforts in the greater Los Angeles County area.
Some questions to get you started:
- What's the most creative, outside-the-box partner you've engaged with from a sector beyond public health? What did they add to the conversation and your joint efforts?
- Who do you see as the most critical partners for public health?
- Who do you see as the partners with the most untapped potential?
- What successes have you achieved as a result of partnerships?
- What successes have you had specifically in violence prevention, and who were your partners?
>>In the coming weeks, follow NewPublicHealth.org coverage of NACCHO Annual 2012 and tell us about your critical partners for success.
>>Add YOUR ideas and stories by adding them to the comments below, visiting us at booth #7, or joining the conversation on Twitter by messaging @RWJF_PubHealth (don't forget the conference hashtag, #NA12).