On Stage at TEDMED 2013
Learn about current and past RWJF grantees and leaders who spoke at the event.
Watch 2013 TEDMED talks from RWJF leaders and current and past grantees.
- Sally Okun, PatientsLikeMe
- Mick Cornett, National Advisory Committee member for Leadership for Healthy Communities
- Ashley Atkinson, RWJF Young Leader Award Winner
- Deborah Estrin, Open mHealth
- America Bracho, Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities
- Gary Slutkin, Cure Violence
- John Maeda, Project HealthDesign
RWJF at TEDMED 2013
RWJF team members attended TEDMED to learn about new ideas, meet innovative thinkers and discuss the 20 Great Challenges of Health and Medicine. Read about RWJF team members and Nurse Faculty Scholars' favorite moments from TEDMED 2013.
RWJF grantee and Cure Violence Founder Gary Slutkin spoke at TEDMED about violence as a public health issue. Take a peak at his presentation by visiting our Storify.See our Storify
The 20 Great Challenges of Health and Medicine are complex, persistent problems that have medical and non-medical causes, impact millions of lives, and affect the well-being of all of Americans.Learn more about the Great Challenges
The innovation landscape around health and medicine is undergoing an important transformation, with entrepreneurs from inside and outside the industry creating bold ideas. With RWJF and other partners at the heart of The Hive, this space brought together a diverse array of leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators to showcase new approaches to innovation and scalable new ideas.Learn more about The Hive
Patient Translations, a multi-faceted art project, funded in party by RWJF was featured at TEDMED. The work includes a visual art installation, a recording studio and voices of people talking about the experience of being a patient, supporting a patient or managing health.Listen to Patient Translations
Watch previous TEDMED talks from RWJF leaders and current and past grantees.
- Thomas Goetz, RWJF Entrepreneur in Residence
- Jamie Heywood, PatientsLikeMe
- Tim O'Reilly, Health FOO
- Rebecca Onie, Health Leads
- Risa Lavizzo-Mourey,
RWJF president and CEO
- Jason Hwang,
- Peter Diamandis, X Prize
- Steve Cole, HopeLab
- Judith Salerno, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
- Farzad Mostashari, National Advisory Committee Member for
- Vic Strecher,